Servo Motor Repair
Why Accu Electric Inc.
- Servo Repair center for many major brands such as Yaskawa, Indramat, Allen Bradley, ABB, Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Rexroth, Panasonic, Bosch, and many more…
- Outfitted with testing software and hardware from all major brands
- Extensive stock of over 600 feedback devices
- Resolvers, Encoders, Absolute Encoders, Tachos, Hall sensors
- All work done in house, including rewinds, magnetizing, machining, encoder repair or replacement
- Every motor is tested on its appropriate drive before being shipped out
- AC/DC Electric Motor Rebuild services available for motors up to 700HP
- Dynamic Balancing in house
- Rewinding in house with 4 experienced dedicated winders
- Complete machine shop with 2 dedicated machinists in house
Years Of Experience
Hour Technical Support
With over $75,000+ invested in our winding analysis equipment, we catch winding failures before they occur.
Winding can fail over an extended period of time. Without proper testing equipment, it is hard to determine the cause:
- Early phase to ground leakage
- Phase to phase leakage
- Resistance imbalance between phases
- Inductance imbalance between phases
- Impedance imbalance between phases
- Phase angle imbalance between phases
- Magnetizing in House
- Machining In House
- Balancing In House
- Infrared Analysis
- Feedback Devices Repair
- Run Tests
- Capable of magnetizing N55 grade neodymium rare earth magnets
- Fixtures for almost all sizes of rotors ready in stock
- Required for pancake motor, and stepper motor repairs
- Fixes many low torque issues with machines
Typically your servo, stepper or pancake motor incurring damage due to an overloaded system, causing a high current fault. This high current spike will cause the magnets in your motor to become demagnetized. Once demagnetized your motor may run, but with diminished torque. Under full load your system will fail. Another scenario in which damage is incurred is by opening the stepper or pancake motor. There is a specific air gap between the magnets in the stator and the rotor itself, if this air gap is lost (IE. by the removal of the rotor) demagnetization will occur.
By magnetizing the rotor after assembly, a high flux density is obtained that can be largely destroyed if the rotor is removed.
Thus by re-magnetizing your servo motor, stepper motor or pancake motor you will be assured that your motor will have the same torque output as it did when shipped from the manufacturer.
In this case BOSCH was unable to repair their own motor due to extreme damage. However, we were able to rebuild this motor in 24 hours to get the client up and running with manufacture matched specifications.
Full time dedicated machinists in shop allows us to repair industrial automation equipment with the highest quality standard. Not taking shortcuts we insure all our products are well fitted to manufacturer specifications.
- In house dedicated machinist
- Designs by mechanical engineers
- New shaft installation and repair
- Retrofitting in house
Since we are outfitted with a Machine shop, we do not need to send any work out, thus we keep our repair cost down, and are not dependent on someone else to complete repairs.
Often after repair of magnets and other rotor related faults, balancing is lost. Resulting in a vibrating noisy motor.
Our in-house balancing insures your motor will run smooth and quite the first time you plug it in.
- Bearings and bearing housings
- Overheating winding
- Hot spots in breakers, contactors, fuses, transformers & more.
- Coreloss testing (as shown below)
Looking for a place to get your feedback device tested, or repaired? We specialize and are certified in all industrial automation feedback. Resolvers, incremental encoders, absolute encoders, linear encoders, optical encoders, hall sensors, tacho generators, texans, and more.
With over $400, 000 inventory of feedback devices, if we can’t repair your encoder, we can replace it.
All servo equipment is run tested on it’s manufacture designated servo drive to insure correct operation the first time. Outfitted with testing software and hardware of all major brands. Stocking over $400,000 in feedback devices such as Resolvers, Encoders, Tachs.
We own over 30 robots and CNC machines that we use for full load run tests of devices like motors, pulse encoders, amplifiers, drives, power supplies, CPU boards, I/O boards, teach-pendants, displays, extended access units, reducers/gearboxes, all types of cables …
We run pumps with the appropriate liquid as water, coolant, oil or some other liquids prior for it to leave the shop.
Feedback Device Repair Capabilities Include
Being certified by various electric motor producers we provide repair services to all major brands and most minor feedback devices. We carry a large stock of all kinds of replacement parts from all major and most minor producers. Choosing Accu Electric Motors Inc. you are guaranteed to get the fastest top quality service.
We provide you with both mechanical parts (including back covers) and electronic parts of encoders. We repair all types of encoders including:
- Incremental Encoders
- Mechanical Absolute Encoders
- Optical Absolute Encoders
- Magnetic Absolute Encoders
- Capacitive Absolute Encoders
- Battery-Powered Multi-Turn Encoders
- Geared Multi-Turn Encoders
- Geared Multi-Turn Encoders
Do you have problems with your old Tachometers that are out of production? Then you came to the right place! We can always find new model that will fit just perfectly to your old motor. We can also repair your old tachometers. Up to you to decide.
Are you troubled with your old resolver that is out of production? Then you have come to the right shop! We can sure provide a new model that will correctly fit to your old motor. At that we can repair your old resolver. It’s up to you to decide and save.